Stop wishing and start thinking about the perfect indoor or outdoor fireplace for you, your family and your friends enjoy all-year-long. No need to worry, it’s much easier than you think. Plus, we already did all the hard part for you.
Fireplaces are great for spaces for the whole family to enjoy all year long. Even better, with Armand Discounts, you can create a cozy and welcoming cross-functional space that won’t break the bank. We will help you create a truly amazing space, no matter the budget. This space will create memories you and your family will remember for years to come.
Now, let’s jump into the good stuff. Here at Amand’s Discount, we’ve put together a great selection of options so you can choose the best fireplace for you. Let’s check them out:
Option #1: A Wood-Burning Fireplace
While most homeowners find this option challenging to manage, for some reason, people just can’t seem to let it go and we don’t blame them. Who wouldn’t want to sit in front of and stare at the gently dancing burning flame? Now we want one too.
Before you jump to deep into this one, just make sure you are ready for the maintenance it requires. Ask yourself, are the looks worth the work? Also keep in mind they don’t generate as much heat as people expected because of the smoke flames being vacuumed by the chimney. Just some food for thought.
- They create a magical feeling that brings people back to simpler times.
- You really can’t compete with the beautiful read flames and sparks that fly.
- A chimney is an absolute necessity as well as regular inspection.
- The wood-burning fireplaces don’t heat homes as well as expected.
- The cleanup and maintenance required.
The majority of wood-burning fireplaces are designed with bricks to match the chimney. To add a little pop to this traditional look, consider adding a metal firebox with refactory bricks or incorporate a peek-a-boo glass screen for a slightly more modern and edgy look.
Option #2: A Pellet Stove Fireplace
A Pellet Stove is a very old-fashioned fireplace with strong, thick flames. The only difference, the pellets which are indeed a renewable energy source and great alternative to the wood-burning fireplaces. This type of fireplace also requires much less maintenance and work. Plus, they will burn much longer.
- Wood pellet fireplaces are easy to clean up with ash pans at the bottom.
- They provide much more warmth compared to the alternatives.
- Pellet stoves offer relatively good warmth compared to other fireplaces.
- Simple installation with tremendous flexibility in placement.
- The pellets required to power the fireplace are only sold in large, heavy bags.
- If you don’t have ample store space, this might not be the best option for you.
- Firewood is much cheaper than pellets.
The typical homeowner chooses pellet fireplaces for their charming look designed from heavy-duty cast iron and enamel finishes.
Option #3: A Gas Fireplace
Countless homeowners find the gas fireplace attractive due largely in part to the fact that there is no mess and no chimney (or maintenance) required. This is one of the most popular options on the market today. Plus, it heats exceptionally well compared to other options on the market, all with the click of a button.
- Gas fireplaces with ceramic logs turn on instantly with the press of a button or flick of a switch.
- The clean up is simple and easy.
- Fake flames are not nearly as charming as real ones.
Since gas fireplaces are adopted by more modern homeowners, most of then are encased in slate, granite, or marble. There are a lot of options with this one as well as flexibility on placement since no chimney is required.
Option #4: An Electric Fireplace
Electric fireplaces continue to grow in popularity because of their simplicity. The same way you plug in a toaster, you can plug in an electric fireplace. Since electric fireplaces don’t produce burning flames, the tend to have a longer lifespan than its counterparts. Electric fireplaces can also be moved from room to room with ease.
- No flames or fumes.
- Extremely mobile in placement, can move constantly.
- Extremely affordable compared to wood-burning and gas versions,.
- Just plug it in and you are done.
- If there is no power, there is no fireplace.
- Not a real fire.
- Will increase your electric bill with extended use.
This is a tricky one but there is always a way to jazz things up. A tempered-glass panel can give you a contemporary look but the options are truly endless.
Now that your creative fireplace design ideas are flowing, be sure to check out the huge selection of products available at Armand’s Discount to design and build the perfect indoor or outdoor fireplace for you. Don’t forget, bedroom fireplaces are also great to create indoor spaces for your significant other.
If you need help or have questions, don’t hesitate to give us a ring. Once it is all said and done, here are 6 fireplace activities to enjoy with friends and family while you cozy up by the fire and relax all year-long.